Does everyone have to register to participate?
Yes, a registration form must be completed for each participant. You can register on our walk website by clicking here, by mail, or in our office.
Autism Society of Northwest Ohio
7140 Port Sylvania Drive
Toledo, OH 43617
What if I am out of town on August 30th or live in a different area?
If you cannot attend the walk, you may register as a Virtual Walker. To do this type in the Team Name you want to support or just type Virtual Walker. Follow the prompts to complete registration.
What if I miss the pre-registration deadline?
That’s ok! You can still register starting at 9:00 am on the day of the walk. However, you may not be guaranteed a walk shirt.
What if I want to become a walk sponsor?
If you are a business, corporation, school, or individual and would like to sponsor the 2020 Autism Walk, please click 2020 Sponsorship Opportunities
What if I want to volunteer for the event?
The success of the Autism Walk is dependent on the dedication and commitment of our volunteers. This is your chance to make a real difference. To Volunteer, email email@example.com. Opportunities to volunteer include:
- Set up: Transport materials to and set-up tables at the Franklin Park Mall
- Course Directors: Direct and encourage walkers along the course.
- Pep Team: Cheer for participants as they cross the finish line for a great cause!
- Raffle: Organize the raffle items, encourage people to purchase tickets, deliver raffle items once the drawing is done.
- Photographer: Take photographs of the fun being had by all!
- Snack Table: Lay-out, replenish, and tidy the snack and water table.
- Finale Team: Pack-up the materials and supplies and transport them to the Autism Society of Northwest Ohio office.
What do I do with offline donations such as checks and cash?
If you have check or cash donations we will accept them at the registration table on the day of the walk.
Do I get an official event shirt?
Everyone who has pre-registered by the pre-registration deadline will receive an event t-shirt.
Where can I park the day of the event?
Park in the lot near the Food Court. You can enter through the Dick’s Sporting Goods side, or through the doors between the Black Rock Bar & Grill and Bravo! Italiano Cuisine.
What is the course like?
Participants will walk the interior of the Franklin Park Mall, beginning and ending in the Food Court.
Can I purchase autism awareness items?
Yes! Autism ribbon magnets, autism license plate frames, and our Autism Society t-shirts with an autism word cloud composed of facts about our local northwest Ohio chapter will be for sale, while supplies last.