The Autism Society of Northwest Ohio is an affiliate of the Autism Society of America, the oldest and largest autism advocacy organization in the country. We provide support, education, and advocacy to individuals, parents, family members, and professionals affected by autism across the lifespan and the entire autism spectrum in 12 counties in Northwest Ohio.
We are a non-profit agency Federal ID # 23-7148438 that is tax-exempt as part of a group exemption with the Autism Society of America.
Our Counties: Lucas, Defiance, Fulton, Hancock, Henry, Ottawa, Paulding, Putnam, Sandusky, Seneca, Williams, and Wood.
Our Mission: To improve the lives of all affected by autism.
Our Vision: We envision a world in which individuals living with autism are able to maximize their quality of life, are treated with the highest level of dignity, and live in a society in which their talents and skills are appreciated and valued.
- Information about autism and related topics
- Referrals to autism specific community resources and “autism friendly” resources
- Education and training for parents and professionals including our Practical Solutions workshops or Special Needs Planning series
- Family Fun events
- Parent Resource library with the use of Boardmaker (appointment needed)
- Presentations to professional and community groups
- Activities to promote autism concern and awareness
- Community and legislative advocacy
- Email newsletter
- Autism Walk – Come out and support our walk on Sunday, August 30, 2020 at Franklin Park Mall
Please contact us at 419-578-2766 for inquiries about our services, information and referrals, and general questions.