Saturday, June 4, 2016
Wauseon, OH 43567
This event to benefit the Autism Society of Northwest Ohio (formerly called “Rock for Autism”), has become a day-long festival showcasing Toledo’s talent in all the arts. All proceeds benefit the Autism Society of Northwest Ohio. Read more, buy tickets.
The Autism Society of Northwest Ohio is an affiliate of the Autism Society of America, the oldest and largest autism advocacy organization in the country. We provide support, education, and advocacy to individuals, parents, family members, and professionals affected by autism across the lifespan and the entire autism spectrum in 12 counties in Northwest Ohio.
Our counties: Lucas, Defiance, Fulton, Hancock, Henry, Ottawa, Paulding, Putnam, Sandusky, Seneca, Williams, and Wood.
Our mission: To improve the lives of all affected by autism.
- Information about autism and related topics
- Referrals to autism specific community resources and “autism friendly” resources
- Support Groups, including our Sibshop and Adult Social Group NOTE: Our Sibshop is currently on hiatus.
- Education and training for parents and professionals including our Practical Solutions workshops or Special Needs Planning series
- Family Fun events: such as Sensory Friendly Family Movie Night sponsored by Mass Mutual Special Needs Planning Team
- Parent Resource library with the use of Boardmaker (appointment needed)
- Extended school year summer program for children 3 – 22
- Presentations to professional and community groups
- Activities to promote autism concern and awareness
- Community and legislative advocacy
- Email newsletter
- Lace It, Face It Autism Awareness walk – SAVE THE DATE September 17, 2016