Join us for our 6th annual Lace It, Face It Walk for the Autism Society of Northwest Ohio.
LACE IT is for the walk; FACE IT is for Autism Awareness. The donations raised stay right here in northwest Ohio to help us provide services to all affected by autism.
When: Saturday, August 18, 2018
8 am – Registration opens
9 am – Walk start time
Franklin Park Mall
5001 Monroe Street
Toledo, OH 43623
Support the Autism Society of Northwest Ohio
and bring Autism Awareness to Northwest Ohio
For 50 years, the Autism Society of Northwest Ohio has served as the premier source of education, support, and advocacy for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder, their families, friends, and professionals who support them in northwest Ohio. Our mission, to improve the lives of all affected by autism, drives us to work tirelessly to provide these services to 12 counties, including Lucas, Wood, Hancock, Williams, Defiance, Paulding, Fulton, Henry, Putnam, Ottawa, Sandusky and Seneca Counties. Our vision is to make the world one in which individuals living with autism are able to maximize their quality of life, are treated with the highest level of dignity, and live in a society in which their talents and skills are appreciated and valued.
Thanks to the participation and fundraising efforts of our supportive community, we were able to provide support, education and advocacy to those in need in 2016:
* 470 individuals received information and referrals to autism-specific and “autism friendly” resources over 584 contacts;
* 15 families were able to make visuals and supports using our Boardmaker Program during 30 sessions;
* 23 students attended our six-week extended school year summer school program;
* 120 participants attended 2 Practical Solutions to Everyday Challenges in Autism Workshops;
* 85 law enforcement officers in Lucas, Wood, and Hancock counties received training to work with individuals with autism;
* 257 individuals from 13 different professional and community groups were trained to work with individuals with autism;
* 55 adults with autism enjoyed a social group; and
* 20 families enjoyed interacting at the Family Fun Night at Sky Zone
We are there for the individuals, their families and the professionals who work with them, because you are there for us. Thank you for being part of the foremost autism awareness event in Northwest Ohio!
Every dollar raised here stays here for local programs, with around 76% of every dollar going directly toward programs.
As one of over 95 affiliates that are part of the national organization of the Autism Society, we are part of a powerful 50-year-old network that works together to achieve our mission to improve the lives of all affected by autism.