That means, of course, that the Autism Society of Northwest Ohio is all in!
So what are we going to do?
Our April calls to action – Share, Act, Learn & Give, will be wrapped up into the stories that we’ll share with you called A Day in the Life. We hope you’ll learn more about what we do to support our community and how you can get involved!
So be sure to like our Facebook page, follow us on Twitter, sign up for our newsletter, etc., so you can be a part of our April campaign!
And what can I do, you ask?
Share your stories with us about life with autism. Perhaps you teach a child with autism, drive someone with autism to work or school, provide speech or occupational therapy, or are a parent, grandparent, or sibling. Will you share your story with us or your friends on social media?
Learn more about autism and our resources. Here are just a few facts to consider…
- Those 1:59 children with autism will grow up to be adults with autism
- Seven out of 10 adults with autism are unemployed
- More than half still live with their parents after the age of 25
- Services and supports for adults with autism are highly dependent on underpaid, undertrained, and underprepared direct care staff.
- Adults with autism who are able to continue their academic goals lack prepared post-secondary opportunities.
Request an Autism 101 workshop or other educational resources. Contact our Help Line to learn more about our services and community resources at 419-578-2766 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Give to support our work in the community. Become a member, donate, or give your time. You are working and contributing to your own community where it will make the most impact!
Be a Friend to Someone with Autism
Watch this video on being a friend to people with autism
So join us in celebrating the month of April! It’s our month, so let’s do it right!