The Autism Society of Northwest Ohio, founded in 1968, is an affiliate of the national Autism Society chartered to serve 12 counties in Northwest Ohio. Back then, one in 10,000 were affected by autism. Today, the numbers are one out of 68. Our mission is to improve the lives of all affected by autism. We serve individuals, their families, and the professionals who support them across the lifespan and the autism spectrum.
President: Amelia Stockdale
Vice President: Katherine Pawlak
Secretary: Patricia Cunningham
Treasurer: J. Michael Martin
Board Members at Large:
Board meetings take place every month, unless otherwise noted. Meetings are scheduled for the second Wednesday of every month at 6:30pm at the Autism Society office at 7140 Port Sylvania, Toledo, OH 43617.
The Autism Society of Northwest Ohio is looking for individuals with skills and knowledge in the areas of marketing, fundraising, financial management, law, and (allied) medicine to serve on our board.
Board members are expected to:
– Regularly attend meetings
– Serve on at least one committee – (fundraising, finance, governance, or programs)
– Promote the agency to family members, friends, associates, and members of the community
– Participate in agency fundraising activities and attend special events
– Make an annual financial contribution to the agency
– Recruit other board members, supporters, or volunteers
– Become a member of the national Autism Society
If you are interested in finding out more about becoming a Board member, please contact our office.
You may also download the Board Member application here and mail to our office or email email@example.com.