The Autism Society of Northwest Ohio is an affiliate of the Autism Society of America, the oldest and largest autism advocacy organization in the country. We provide support, education, and advocacy to individuals, parents, family members, and professionals affected by autism across the lifespan and the entire autism spectrum in 12 counties in Northwest Ohio.
We are a non-profit agency Federal ID # 23-7148438 that is tax-exempt as part of a group exemption with the Autism Society of America. Click the icon to review our 2015 Tax Form 990.
Our Counties: Lucas, Defiance, Fulton, Hancock, Henry, Ottawa, Paulding, Putnam, Sandusky, Seneca, Williams, and Wood.
Our Mission: To improve the lives of all affected by autism.
- Information about autism and related topics
- Referrals to autism specific community resources and “autism friendly” resources
- Support Groups, including our Sibshop NOTE: Pre-registration for Sibshop is required.
- Education and training for parents and professionals including our Practical Solutions workshops.
- Family Fun events: such as our annual picnic, Sensory Friendly Family Movie Night sponsored by Mass Mutual Special Needs Planning Team
- Parent Resource library with the use of Boardmaker (appointment needed)
- Presentations to professional and community groups
- Activities to promote autism concern and awareness
- Community and legislative advocacy
- Email newsletter
- 7th Annual Autism Walk – Sunday, August 25, 2019 at Franklin Park Mall