WALK to Support Autism Society
6th Annual AUTISM WALK – Sunday, October 7, 2018. Gather your friends and family and register today and/or create a fundraising page to help raise money to benefit ASNO and our mission to serve those affected by autism in our community. Sponsorship opportunities are available. Click HERE for more information.
Summer Programs and Opportunities
ASNO has compiled a comprehensive list of area organizations providing summer programming for kids of all ages and abilities. Please click HERE for the latest information on what is available for your family this summer.
Ohio Communication Bill Moves Forward
(From WCMH Columbus, 5/4/18) A bill that could help interactions between law enforcement and people with communication disabilities is moving forward at the Statehouse. Click HERE for the complete story.
Today, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) updated the incidence rate of autism among eight year olds in the United States. This updated report occurs every two years. The incidence rate released in April 2016 showed that 1 out of 68 children were living with an autism diagnosis. Today’s incidence rate show the rate has increased to 1 out of 59 eight year olds.
If you want to talk with someone about autism or to help find a resource for a person living with autism, please call our office at 419-578-2766 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Autism Society of Northwest Ohio is an affiliate of the Autism Society of America, the oldest and largest autism advocacy organization in the country. We provide support, education, and advocacy to individuals, parents, family members, and professionals affected by autism across the lifespan and the entire autism spectrum in 12 counties in Northwest Ohio.
Our Counties: Lucas, Defiance, Fulton, Hancock, Henry, Ottawa, Paulding, Putnam, Sandusky, Seneca, Williams, and Wood.
Our Mission: To improve the lives of all affected by autism.
Our Vision: We envision a world in which individuals living with autism are able to maximize their quality of life, are treated with the highest level of dignity, and live in a society in which their talents and skills are appreciated and valued.
Lori Lamb, Executive Director – email@example.com – (419) 490-7357
Kate Schwartz, Program Director – firstname.lastname@example.org – (419) 578-2766
- Information about autism and related topics
- Referrals to autism specific community resources and “autism friendly” resources
- Sibshop and Adult Social Group NOTE: Sibshop info coming soon.
- Education and training for parents and professionals including our Practical Solutions workshops or Special Needs Planning series
- Family Fun events: such as Family Day at Skyzone Jump, etc. (September 13, December 5)
- Parent Resource library with the use of Boardmaker (appointment needed)
- Presentations to professional and community groups
- Activities to promote autism concern and awareness
- Community and legislative advocacy
- Email newsletter
- Autism Walk – Sunday, October 7, 2018 at Franklin Park Mall