Join us for Spectrum Fest 2017 June 3, 2017
5th Annual Lace It, Face It Walk for Autism
Summer Program Flyer
Click here to learn about autism/disability friendly summer programs.
Faces of Autism is an awareness documentary featuring parents, advocates and professionals from Northwest Ohio. Speakers include: Linell Weinberg, Executive Director, Autism Society of Northwest Ohio; Kasey Dettinger, advocate and parent of a teen with autism; Jane Atwood, advocate and parent of an adult with autism; and Vicky Obee, Bittersweet Farms. This video was created by two students from BGSU. To view the documentary, click here.
The Autism Society of Northwest Ohio is an affiliate of the Autism Society of America, the oldest and largest autism advocacy organization in the country. We provide support, education, and advocacy to individuals, parents, family members, and professionals affected by autism across the lifespan and the entire autism spectrum in 12 counties in Northwest Ohio.
Our counties: Lucas, Defiance, Fulton, Hancock, Henry, Ottawa, Paulding, Putnam, Sandusky, Seneca, Williams, and Wood.
Our mission: To improve the lives of all affected by autism.
- Information about autism and related topics
- Referrals to autism specific community resources and “autism friendly” resources
- Support Groups, including our Sibshop and Adult Social Group NOTE: Our Sibshop is currently on hiatus.
- Education and training for parents and professionals including our Practical Solutions workshops or Special Needs Planning series
- Family Fun events: such as Sensory Friendly Family Movie Night sponsored by Mass Mutual Special Needs Planning Team, MudHens Day, Skyzone Jump, etc.
- Parent Resource library with the use of Boardmaker (appointment needed)
- Extended school year summer program for children 3 – 22
- Presentations to professional and community groups
- Activities to promote autism concern and awareness
- Community and legislative advocacy
- Email newsletter
- Lace It, Face It Autism Awareness walk