The Autism Society of Northwest Ohio office is now located at the Harbor Port Sylvania location at 7140 Port Sylvania, Toledo, OH 43617 (off Central Avenue).
AUTISM AWARENESS MONTH
We See Things Differently
We See Things Differently is this year’s theme for Autism Awareness Month. Please click HERE to see how you can help raise awareness in our community. Our core objectives are:
To EDUCATE the public about the Autism Society and the services we provide to assist families and individuals living with autism.
To IGNITE a sense of urgency about the 7 in 10 adults with autism who are either unemployed or underemployed; and
To INSPIRE individuals, families, communities, corporations and health care providers to get involved and support the Autism Society and our efforts.
Today, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) updated the incidence rate of autism among eight year olds in the United States. This updated report occurs every two years. The incidence rate released in April 2016 showed that 1 out of 68 children were living with an autism diagnosis. Today’s incidence rate show the rate has increased to 1 out of 59 eight year olds.
If you want to talk with someone about autism or to help find a resource for a person living with autism, please call our office at 419-578-2766 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Autism Society of Northwest Ohio is an affiliate of the Autism Society of America, the oldest and largest autism advocacy organization in the country. We provide support, education, and advocacy to individuals, parents, family members, and professionals affected by autism across the lifespan and the entire autism spectrum in 12 counties in Northwest Ohio.
Our Counties: Lucas, Defiance, Fulton, Hancock, Henry, Ottawa, Paulding, Putnam, Sandusky, Seneca, Williams, and Wood.
Our Mission: To improve the lives of all affected by autism.
Our Vision: We envision a world in which individuals living with autism are able to maximize their quality of life, are treated with the highest level of dignity, and live in a society in which their talents and skills are appreciated and valued.
Lori Lamb, Executive Director – email@example.com
Kate Schwartz, Program Director – firstname.lastname@example.org – (419) 578-2766
Our Services: Please call (419) 578-2766 for inquiries about our services, information and referral and general questions.
- Information about autism and related topics
- Referrals to autism specific community resources and “autism friendly” resources
- Sibshop and Adult Social Group
- Education and training for parents and professionals including our Practical Solutions workshops or Special Needs Planning series
- Family Fun events: such as Family Day at Skyzone Jump, etc.
- Parent Resource library with the use of Boardmaker (appointment needed)
- Presentations to professional and community groups
- Activities to promote autism concern and awareness
- Community and legislative advocacy
- Email newsletter
- Autism Walk – Thank you to everyone who supported our walk on Sunday, August 25, 2019 at Franklin Park Mall
Location: 7140 Port Sylvania, Toledo, OH 43617 (off Central Ave.) – Harbor Behavioral Health, Port Sylvania office