Join us for our 2nd annual Lace It, Face It Walk for the Autism Society of Northwest Ohio sponsored by JBC & Associates.
LACE IT is for the walk; FACE IT is for Autism Awareness. The donations raised stay right here in northwest Ohio to help us provide services to all affected by autism.
This year’s walk will again take place at Olander Park in Sylvania, Ohio. The walk will take place on the park’s 1.1 mile loop. Walkers will start at 9 am from our location at the Open Air Shelter #2. Walkers may walk the loop as many times as they like. Entrance to the park that morning will be free. Parking will be available near the shelter or in the Tam-O-Shanter lot next door. Unfortunately, no dogs are allowed at Olander.
Date: Saturday, September 6, 2014
8 am – Registration opens
9 am – Walk start time
6930 Sylvania Avenue
Sylvania, OH 43560
Walk registration: $20 per adult walker (10 and over). Children under 10 are free without a shirt; $10 with a shirt. T-shirt and goodie bag guaranteed if registered by August 15. Only a limited number of shirts will be available on walk day, so pre-register by August 15 to guarantee a shirt.
1 Adult registration $20 Registration for child with shirt is no longer available
Here’s how it works:
• Print off, complete, and return the registration form with your $20 (or $10) fee(s) or pay online using the secure PayPal buttons above. If you pay online, please send your registration form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org; mail to 6629 W. Central Avenue, Ste. 1, Toledo, OH 43617; or fax to 419-725-6805. We need your shirt size and signature on the waiver. You can show up and register the day of the event, but you will not be guaranteed a shirt or goodie bag.
• Collect pledges in honor of your loved one with autism. If you raise an additional $45 in pledges, you will receive our LACE IT, FACE IT Walk shoelaces. The shoelaces will NOT be for sale. You will need to raise $45 in pledges to get them. You can submit your pledges to our office ahead of the walk or at the event.
• Join us on event day. Walk with your loved one with autism and other families and professionals.
• If you can’t attend the event, you can still raise donations. Print off our pledges form to keep track. Get your donors names and addresses if they want a tax receipt and submit it with the donations.
Pre-registration and Early Shirt Pick-up
Shirts and goodie bags, as well as laces, will be available for pick up between 11 am and 6 pm on September 3rd through September 5th.
Participate as an individual walker or gather your friends, family, and co-workers and form a team. Assembling a team is easy!
• Select a team name for your group.
• Select a team captain to coordinate your efforts.
• Find walkers for your team.
• Gather supporters and collect donations. Post on your Facebook.
Tips for raising pledges:
• Be the first to make a pledge. Show you believe in the cause you’re promoting.
• Ask friends, relatives, and co-workers to sponsor you and use the pledge form to collect donations. Post to your Facebook and tweet about your progress.
• Challenge departments within your workplace to see who can raise the most money.
• Be sure to ask everyone you know if they can donate a few dollars or loose change to your pledge campaign. Loose change can really add up when you have a large number of people donating bits at a time.