President – Jennifer Sponsler
Vice President – Steven Stockdale
Treasurer – Ray Patterson
Secretary – Pat Connelly
Board members at large:
The Autism Society of Northwest Ohio is looking for individuals with skills and knowledge in the areas of marketing, fundraising, financial management, law, and (allied) medicine to serve on our board.
The Autism Society of Northwest Ohio, founded in 1968, is an affiliate of the national Autism Society chartered to serve 12 counties in Northwest Ohio. Back then, one in 10,000 were affected by autism. Today, the numbers are one out of 68. Our mission is to improve the lives of all affected by autism. We serve individuals, their families, and the professionals who support them across the lifespan and the autism spectrum.
Board meetings take place every other month, but does not meet in June, July, or August. Our next board meeting is Wednesday, November 12, 2014 at 6 pm at our office.
Board members are expected to:
– regularly attend meetings
– serve on at least one committee – (fund-raising, finance, governance, programs, or Executive which meet as needed in alternate months to the Board meetings)
– promote the agency to family members, friends, associates, and members of the community
– participate in agency fund-raising activities and attend special events
– make an annual financial contribution to the agency
– recruit other board members and supporters
– become a member of the national Autism Society.
If you are interested in finding out more about becoming a Board member, please contact our office.
You may also download the Board Member application here and return it to our office.